Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I had mexican food?


















Christy and I strolled down to the Latin Quarter today where they have good greek food and cheap postcards.  We turned on a tiny street where we were inundated by all these people trying to get us to eat in their restaurant.  We decided to get an appetizer at a Mexican food restaurant.  I had a Tecate and Christy ordered a Dos Equis.  I asked for some extra lime and salt for my beer, but what came out was a minuscule lime and some salt.  Then came the delicious appetizer "Super Nachos," which was a platter of 5-7 chips and on top of them were: an almost liquid guacamole, sour cream, not spicy chorizo, huge kidney beans, chicken, and ceviche that didn't taste like fish.  I forgot to mention that the chips had to have been from the Doritos family.  We then ordered another plate of chips which brought the grand total of chips to 15.  After we finished the chips, we used our utensils to finish the rest of the food (not that there was much to finish.)  Needless to say, they were not "super nachos" and I will probably stick to the good greek food.

4 comments:

Candida said...

I've actually had like three or four beers here. When I went to Brussels I had two Stellas. The beer and wine is cheaper here than the water :)

Becky said...

Yay for beer drinking! I knew you would come over to the dark side sooner or later!

Lizeth said...

Wine cheaper than water? Send me some, will ya :)

And wtf - chicken AND ceviche, on the same platter?!?
Down with the french!

Candida said...

I know! I'm surprised that we didn't get sick.