Tuesday, March 18, 2008

London Baby!


I love London!!! I had a wonderful time in London over this past weekend. So much, that I slept in yesterday and missed my first class. Rhoopsy! It was just so nice to be in a country where everyone speaks English. I knew I was stressed about not knowing French, but I didn't really appreciate it until I was removed from there. We arrived fairly early in London on Friday and checked into our hotel which had a view of Hyde Park. After we dropped off our stuff we walked the entire city, eventually passing: Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, Westminster Abby. We started out with a nice stroll through the gorgeous Hyde Park which lead us to the major monuments of London and the weather was amazing. During the weekend, there was a small drizzle that came and went, but it never ruined our plans. When we came across Buckingham Palace, we were fortunate enough to see the changing of the guards (which only happens once a day.) After viewing the major scenes of London, we found a very cute pub that had 15 different types of sausages. I had bangers and mash and Christy had fish and chips. After our lovely meal, we decided to take on the London Eye (the huge ferris wheel off the Thames River.) The view was spectacular, but the experience was very nerve wrecking as the height was quite daunting. I got over my fear quickly when I realized that the children that were also there were just fine. Later on that night, we took the tube to Piccadilly Circus and tried to find a bar. We finally ended up at Fudge where every person got a free shot. I ordered a gin and tonic and the shot and the bartender came back with two glasses of tonic water and one shot??? How is it that I can order this drink in Paris, in a different language, and get the right drink? But in London, in English, I got tonic water! On Saturday, Christy and I went to Topshop. It was supposed to be the start of our shopping day in London, but it quickly turned into the entire day. We stayed there for 4 hours simply because they're so many clothes. Every room we went into lead into another room full of latest fashions. I really wish the concept of Topshop is brought over to the US which besides clothing had a: nail salon, hair drying salon, a cafe, personal style consultant, and a sweets area. Later that night, we went to a very cool bar that played a mixture of great music where Christy and I had a great time drinking and dancing. Sunday morning, we had to wake-up pretty early for check out and went to the Tate Modern Museum. We were able to see an incredible show which housed works from: Duchamp, Man Ray, and Picabia. Finally, at 5 or so we headed to the airport and we got back to Paris by 9pm. All and all my trip to London was amazing and I would really really like to go back.

5 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Wow Candy,
You are really having a great time,
I am so glad for you.
London is a beautiful city, what is next?
....... and Happy belated Birthday :)
Mariana

Ray said...

Wassup sister,maybe you need to teach those people in UKhow to speak English.
Sohowmuch was the drink at the end.

Kayleigh said...

I'm finally leaving a comment! Topshop sounds amazing.
Ha ha, Cando was afraid of a ferris wheel ;)

Becky said...

I would be afraid too Cando with the name of London Eye! =/ Kind of creepy, plus the fact its way too high! Leave my Cando alone Kayleigh! LOL its not her fault she is a scredy cat! hehehe

Monique said...

Hey Candida....sounds like you had an fab time in London. I am wish I were there too....especially at Topshop! That place sounds the place to be! Gin & Tonic huh? Do you drink in warm in France?

Have a great time...miss ur face round here!