Sunday, February 17, 2008

I'm Sick!!!


At the start of this week I was just fine.  I thought I had beaten the germs from the airplane and even the germs from the kids in our program.  Christy had not been so lucky.  She started coughing a lot, but I still thought I would be fine.  On my first Saturday in Paris to myself (as last week I was on an excursion) I woke up with a sore throat and a little cough.  I still managed to roll out of bed and head down to Montmartre to see the Sacré Cœur and Moulin Rouge.  Montmartre is the highest point in Paris and has an amazing view.  I have pictures of this view, but my camera sucks so you can barely make it out.  We sat on the stairs half way up to the Sacrè Cœur and enjoyed a concert from a young man who sang English tunes from bands; such as, U2 and Radiohead.  At one point, we even joined in and sang the chorus.  Afterward we walked down to the Moulin Rouge which is only ten minutes away.  The Moulin Rouge is an impressive building, but the neighborhood was sketch.  There were a lot of peep shows and interesting shops.  As we walked by one peep show some guy growled at me.  I don't know what it is about me where bums and weirdos need to growl in my ear.

2 comments:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Hi Candy,
I am glad you're having fun. You look very nice :)
It might be something around as Nick and I got sick too. We stayed and took care of our cold last week-end but this week-end we will catch up and will go to the beach.
Enjoy the weather, hehehe.

Mariana

Lizeth said...

Then you may not do so well in SF =/

Miss ya!