Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Jet Lag -- My Worst Enemy


As I mentioned earlier, Christy and I pretty much hit some of the major spots in Paris on our first full day.  The next day, however, we slept in until 4 p.m. and unfortunately since I have arrived I haven't been able to get a full night's rest.  Last night I slept four hours and then made myself sleep some more, but it took two hours of trying.  Today we took our placement tests for the class and just as I suspected I placed in the elementary level.  There are about twenty other kids in the program and out of them only three placed into more advanced levels so I'm in good company.  Before our placement test we took a detour to the Jardin du Luxembourg.  The garden is beautiful and large so I wasn't able to see the whole thing.  I also purchased my carte d'orange which will allow me to travel between Paris's two zones on the metro, the bus, and the RER for the low price of 55 euros each month.  I'm hoping to walk a lot but it will also be nice to take the metro to get to further places.  It is now seven o'clock in the evening and I am trying desperately to stay up so that I can sleep through tonight.  Tomorrow we are taking a boat ride down the Seine so I'll have to keep you updated about that and take pictures.

2 comments:

Ray said...

Wow. Just elementry. Have fun and enjoy it

Je veux juste vous faire savoir que vous nous manquez tellement.

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Le Jardins de Luxemburg are super pretty :) but wait until you go to Versailles :)
Try to stay awake as much as you can that way your body will adjust faster to the time schedule. I know it is hard, beleive me it took me like a week to adjust to Australia's time schedule / and they are 1 day ahead of us / Good luck and enjoy Paris....