Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Oh la la Sorbonne



Hi, I'm sorry it has been such a long time since I have last updated this thing, but the program was kept me really busy.  This past weekend we all went on our first overnight excursion to Saint Malo and Saint Michel.  Christy and I almost missed the train, but we made it with two minutes to spare.  The train ride was gorgeous since it was the French countryside and I'd have to say that the nicest perk of the weekend was the food.  We were well fed the entire time with gourmet lamb or fish which was a nice change from my daily regime of a croissant, sandwich, and cafe creme (which is the only thing I eat all day.)  Today I started my class at the Sorbonne.  Tomorrow I take another test to find out which phonetics class I'll place into.  The class involves two hours a day Monday through Friday, one hour a week in the phonetics class, and attending a few conferences.  The end result of the class will be a huge three hour final.  It's a bit intimidating, but I was warned beforehand so I only have myself to blame if I fail.  I better not fail.  Today Christy and I went grocery shopping... we spent five minutes in front of the milk, because we didn't know which one was fat free since they all looked like cream.  Oh well, I will find out which one we did get when I have cereal the first time.  Please comment, email, and call if you can.  Ciao bellas!! 

1 comment:

Elmalki Family said...

Finally the sun came out huh?? You can totally see it in the pictures. Good luck on your phonetics test. Have fun eating your cereal with cream :)